Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons introduces the Fishing and Riding Mastery trees to the game, but how will you explore the vast oceans of Tyria? Here’s an overview of how to fish in GW2.
Accompanying the expansive Asian-inspired vistas of Guild Wars 2 End of Dragon’s Cantha are a whole host of new features for players to dive into – in some cases quite literally.
While you can roam the city streets of New Kaineng City using the all-new Jade Bot mastery tree, some players may be more drawn to the quieter life of Skiff fishing and riding.
Playing a vital role in the gamealong with its progression system, here’s a breakdown of how to fish and use Skiffs in Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons so you can tame the vast seas of Tyria.
Fishing in Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons
Right off the bat, you’ll be tasked with catching a fish for Aurene, your hero’s eldest dragon friend who, unfortunately, is struggling to regain her magic. While this is the game’s introduction to fishing, you’ll also need to use it throughout your End of Dragons journey.
- Approach a body of water
- Ripples will sometimes appear on the surface, denoting a special fishing spot
- Click on ‘J‘
- Use ‘1‘ to launch your line
- Wait until ripples appear around the bobber
- Hurry ‘1‘ again
- An action bar will appear on the screen. Make sure your bar is in the light area using ‘2‘ and ‘3‘ to move it left and right respectively.
- Pass this skill testyou will catch the fish!
As you can imagine Skiffs and fishing go hand in hand, but you won’t be able to acquire a Skiff until later in the game.
You will get your Skiff by completing The scenic route quest (especially the Assist the Temple in its Defense subquest) just before heading to the emerald world of New Kaineng City. You can buy your Skiff at Room manager Soohee at Shinota Shore.
To use your Skiff:
- Right click on Mastery section of your action bar (shown in the image below)
- Select ‘Skiff‘
- Location your Skiff on a body of water
- Go ahead and use ‘F‘ (or the hotkey you assigned) to interact
- Control boat speed using ‘1’ and ‘2’ (1 is slow, 2 is moderate speed)
- Like you level up in the Skiff mastery tree you will be able to increase the speed of the boat, but as a base you will only be able to reach a moderate speed
- If you find an area you like, use ‘0‘ drop anchor
- You must anchor your boat to fish or travel
As you travel the vast world of Cantha, you can acquire a host of skins for your Fishing Rod and Skiff.
These are equipped via the ‘hero‘ panel (key ‘H‘) under the ‘Fishing’ and ‘Skiff’ tabs in the ‘Wardrobe‘ section.
So that’s all you need to know about the Fishing and Skiffing Mastery Trees in Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons. Looking for our opinion on the new expansion? Be sure to check out our Dragons End Review.